Reporting requirement by NYSDOH:
The total number of in-house COVID 19 positive residents as of 06/29/20: 0
The total number of in-house presumed COVID 19 positive deaths as of 06/29/20: 6
The total number of in-house positive COVID 19 deaths as of 06/29/20: 3
Affinity Skilled Living and Rehabilitation Center continues to take every precaution to keep our residents and staff safe during this COVID-19 pandemic.
- Effective November 2, 2020 scheduled limited indoor visitation will begin.
- All nursing home personnel wear face masks at all times while in the building. All nursing home personnel are “screened” at the time of entry and re-entry to the facility. The temperature of every nursing home personnel is taken and a questionnaire is filled out using an electronic Kiosk in the lobby at the reception desk.
- All nursing home personnel must be tested for COVID 19 once weekly effective 06/10/20 per Governor Cuomo’s Executive Order 202.40.
- All residents wear face masks, as tolerated.
- Residents requiring the business office for personal spending accounts are to call reception for assistance.
- The Recreation Department makes arrangements for SKYPE and/or FaceTime visits by resident and/or family requests. Please speak with the Recreation
department to schedule a visit.
- Starting November 2, 2020 indoor limited visitation will be offered. Please contact the Recreation department directly to schedule your visit at 631-218-5979 or at calendly.com. Pulmonary unit residents must contact the Pulmonary Unit Manager directly to schedule a visit (See Visiting Hours Update tab on the Home Page for more information regarding indoor visitation).
We continue to take all precautionary measures to protect all of our residents and staff to include the following:
- Effective May 10, 2020 hospitals may no longer discharge positive COVID 19 patients to Skilled Nursing Facilities.
- Newly admitted and readmitted residents are tested for COVID 19 upon admission.
- All new admissions and re-admissions are admitted onto the first floor and are placed on isolation precautions for a minimum of 14 days. All residents under droplet isolation precautions are not eligible for in-person visits.
- COVID-19 positive residents reside on the first floor on a designated unit. This unit has staff that is dedicated to care for COVID 19 positive residents only. At this time, there are no COVID 19 positive residents at the facility.
- All COVID-19 positive residents as well as any suspected COVID 19 cases (ie. Fever, dry cough, shortness of breath) are immediately placed on full isolation
- When a resident is suspected for COVID 19 (PUI-Persons Under Suspicion) the resident is moved to a PUI unit which is located on the first floor and is immediately placed on full isolation droplet precautions.
- Isolation precautions include staff wearing full PPE (gown, face shield, face mask, and gloves).
Affinity Skilled Living and Rehabilitation Center has a Facebook page and Instagram page that we keep updated with important information as well as activities that are happening at the facility. We HIGHLY ENCOURAGE you to “like” us on Facebook and/or “follow” us on Instagram to keep up to date.
Should you have questions please do not hesitate to contact Stephanie Malone, Administrator at 631-218-5900.