Affinity Skilled Living and Rehabilitation Center continues to take every precaution to keep our residents and staff safe during this COVID-19 pandemic.
- Effective November 2, 2020 scheduled limited indoor visitation will begin.
- All nursing home personnel wear face masks at all times while in the building. All nursing home personnel are “screened” at the time of entry and re-entry to the facility. The temperature of every nursing home personnel is taken and a questionnaire is filled out using an electronic Kiosk in the lobby at the reception desk.
- All nursing home personnel must be tested for COVID 19 twice weekly per Governor Cuomo’s Executive Order 202.40.
- All residents wear face masks, as tolerated.
- Residents requiring the business office for personal spending accounts are to call reception for assistance.
- The Recreation Department makes arrangements for SKYPE and/or FaceTime visits by resident and/or family requests. Please speak with the Recreation
department to schedule a visit.
We continue to take all precautionary measures to protect all of our residents and staff to include the following:
- Effective May 10, 2020 hospitals may no longer discharge positive COVID 19 patients to Skilled Nursing Facilities.
- Newly admitted and readmitted residents are tested for COVID 19 upon admission.
- All new admissions and re-admissions are admitted onto the first floor and are placed on isolation precautions for a minimum of 14 days. All residents under droplet isolation precautions are not eligible for in-person visits.
- COVID-19 positive residents reside on a designated unit. This unit has staff that is dedicated to care for COVID 19 positive residents only.
- All COVID-19 positive residents as well as any suspected COVID 19 cases (ie. Fever, dry cough, shortness of breath) are immediately placed on full isolation
- When a resident is suspected for COVID 19 (PUI-Persons Under Suspicion) the resident is moved to a PUI unit and is immediately placed on full isolation droplet precautions.
- Isolation precautions include staff wearing full PPE (gown, face shield, face mask, and gloves).
Affinity Skilled Living and Rehabilitation Center has a Facebook page and Instagram page that we keep updated with important information as well as activities that are happening at the facility. We HIGHLY ENCOURAGE you to “like” us on Facebook and/or “follow” us on Instagram to keep up to date.
There have been six in-house presumed COVID-19 positive deaths since the pandemic started, and ten in-house positive COVID-19 deaths to date.
Should you have questions please do not hesitate to contact Eli Knoll, Administrator at 631-218-5900.